Establishment of a risk-based food safety
control system in the dairy value
chain in Ukraine
Milk Safety Project
Representatives of the SSFSCP passed a distance e-learning course on the use of best practices for the production of safe milk
Dec 17.2018From October, 29th to December 10th, 2018, State Inspectors and State Veterinary Inspectors of the Main Departments of the SSFSCP in Vinnitsa, Luhansk, Mykolaiv, Poltava and Kharkiv oblasts...
Training for milk collection point was held in Vinnytsia oblast
Nov 30.2018On November 29, 2018 the training was held for the staff of the Milk Collection Point (MCP) in the village of Prushanka, one of the Project’s partners in Vinnytsia oblast.
Technical topics that were discussed:
- Optimal solutions for proper milking organization;
- Cooling and milk storage on MCP: how to do...
Training for the employees of the territorial bodies of the SSFSCP in Vinnytsia oblast was held
Oct 19.2018On October 16 - 19, 2018 the Milk Safety Project conducted the training for inspectors of the Main Directorate of the SSFSCP in Vinnytsia oblast. The main goal of the training is to gain the understanding of importance applying the best practices in milk production and to raise awareness about the changes in the food safety control system.
ComponentsThe project will fulfil the main objective through three components:
1) Establishing the institutional arrangements and promoting stakeholders awareness to allow the State Service on Food Safety and Consumer Protection to design, coordinate and supervise the application of an integrated food safety control system based on the use of innovative epidemiological methodologies (e.g. risk assessment, value chain analysis and economic analysis);
2) Increasing the technical knowledge of and providing modern tools for implementation of an efficient risk-based food safety inspection system (e.g. guidelines for inspection, risk based surveillance protocols, exchange information platform, laboratory services) to the State Service on Food Safety and Consumer Protection;
3) Enabling the private industry (in particular milk processors, farmers and milk transporters) to produce safe and good quality milk and milk products for consumers in Ukraine and abroad through targeted awareness and capacity building actions.