Establishment of a risk-based food safety
control system in the dairy value
chain in Ukraine
Milk Safety Project
Training for medium milk producers in Poltava oblast
Apr 24.2019On April 22-23, 2019 a final training for medium farms that was the part of the series of trainings to ensure traceability and reduce the use of antibiotics in milk production was held in Poltava oblast.
The safety of raw milk must be confirmed in ways that are equivalent...
Training for medium milk producers in Vinnytsia oblast was held
Apr 24.2019On April 18-19, 2019, regular training was held for medium farms producing milk in the Vinnytsia oblast, where the Milk Safety Project works with dairy processors of LLC “Loostdorf” and LLC "Azorel".
The theoretical part of the two-day training consisted of three blocks:
1) Requirements of the new food law for milk producers;
Training for medium milk producers in Mykolayiv oblast was held
Mar 27.2019On March 25-26, 2019 the Milk Safety Project in cooperation with dairy processors Public Joint-Stock Company “Bashtanka Cheese Plant” and PJSC “Pervomayskiy Milk and Canning Complex” in the Mykolaiv oblast gathered medium farms for regular trainings. The key topics of the two-day training were:
- analysis of hazards in milk production and control at critical points;
ComponentsThe project will fulfil the main objective through three components:
1) Establishing the institutional arrangements and promoting stakeholders awareness to allow the State Service on Food Safety and Consumer Protection to design, coordinate and supervise the application of an integrated food safety control system based on the use of innovative epidemiological methodologies (e.g. risk assessment, value chain analysis and economic analysis);
2) Increasing the technical knowledge of and providing modern tools for implementation of an efficient risk-based food safety inspection system (e.g. guidelines for inspection, risk based surveillance protocols, exchange information platform, laboratory services) to the State Service on Food Safety and Consumer Protection;
3) Enabling the private industry (in particular milk processors, farmers and milk transporters) to produce safe and good quality milk and milk products for consumers in Ukraine and abroad through targeted awareness and capacity building actions.